Thursday 16 May 2013

London Trip - Making Contacts





As you may have already read on the Els Chamber Facebook page I recently took a brief trip to London. It started at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning. I spent Saturday and Sunday visiting relatives in Cambridge that I haven’t seen in years. It was so lovely to catch up with family. They very kindly took me to MAC shop on Saturday afternoon where I had the chance of stocking up my make-up bag. Lately I've been using Yves Saint Laurent perfect touch radiant brush foundation but I ran out before my trip and decided to try out MAC. The woman in MAC helped me match a suitable foundation for me and I left MAC having bought the Studio Fix NW15 foundation. I have to admit I do prefer Yves Saint Laurent. In my opinion the foundation I used from YSL looks more natural on my face.

I must also mention that whilst I was in the MAC shop I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted Ellie Goulding and her boyfriend Jeremy Irvine from the film the War Horse standing behind me in the queue. Only a few hours into my trip and the celeb spotting was well on its way!

Now for the big day! I took a train to London on Monday morning with my mum. We got off the train at Liverpool St. and we walked to meet stylist Lauren Grant. I arrived at her studio and have to say she was beyond welcoming and lovely. We had a great chat and I was so happy when she mentioned a possible internship in the future. We also talked about how I could go over for a week in the summer and experience a shoot with her. The future looks exciting! I believe it is important to make contacts in this business and this is a huge start for me. After my visit with Lauren I ventured to Brick Lane (a very dangerous idea as of course Ella spends too much of her money) to see my trust fave vintage boutiques. As always I managed to add a few more bits to my wardrobe.

On Monday evening I had the amazing privilege of going to the Let It Be Beatles show in the Savoy Theatre at the West End. It was my first time going to the West End and it was such a fantastic experience. The show had the whole audience on our feet. It was incredible!

I'm sure I've missed out details from my trip but I hope I've given you the best bits. If more comes to mind I will keep you all posted.

Follow your dreams and stay fashionable!

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...